Where to stay: accommodation on the Way of El Cid
There are more than 1,300 accommodation options on the Way of El Cid. Here we provide information about how to find them in just a few seconds.
- Where can you download accommodation information for each route?. In the Downloads section of each route, you can obtain an updated list of all the accommodation options on this route, sorted by provinces and categories: hotels, guest houses, country houses, camp sites, hostels, etc.
- Hotels in Spain are graded by stars: they range from 1 to 5 stars. The grade depends on the type of accommodation and standard of the services provided. Generally speaking, foreign tourists rate the value for money Spanish hotels offer extremely highly.
- Whilst the hotels are mostly located in cities and large towns, country houses and rural accommodation options are situated in small villages and the countryside. The standard and range of services vary considerably: you can find country houses of outstanding quality, on a par with luxury hotels, and houses that are run on a less professional basis, although this does not mean that they are less welcoming or satisfying for guests. Rates vary in accordance with the time of year. We advise you to visit their websites before booking.
- Camp sites and hostels. Travellers that prefer to stay at camp sites and hostels can obtain a full list of these types of accommodation from the Downloads section.
- You can also find details of the accommodation options available in each town under the Services section in the town files.
- Accommodation options belonging to the Letter of Safe Conduct Stamp Network. Remember that there are more than 200 accommodation options authorised to stamp the Letter of Safe Conduct and where showing your own Letter entitles you to 10% discounts or similar offers.
- Please note that it is important to book well in advance. Certain stretches of the Way of El Cid pass through sparsely populated areas and in some towns and villages there are no accommodation options or the number of beds is very limited. We advise you to book your accommodation in advance.
Rev (ALC): 27.01.17